UKIP Uncovered
What motivates the leaders of the United Kingdom Independence Party?


Wednesday, August 18, 2004 

Hartlepool and Ukip Morale

I have been admonished for excess negativity of late. First by Eric Wilson who is Branch Chairman in Hartlepool and reports the following positives from the campaign:-

"Stephen Allison is by far the best candidate so far appointed by any party in this election. We have a well thought out campaign plan which can win us this seat.
The campaign team is a good mix of experience and enthusiasm.
The two people who you have frequently criticised have both left the campaign team.We have had many offers of help from other branches.
Our pre- election campaign is well under way. In the last week alone we have delivered 15k. leaflets to homes in Hartlepool."

Another complaint comes from Victoria of Stevenage who I have quoted here before and has requested I post the following:-

Quote
I keep reading on the Blog that UKIP is as good as dead!
ONLY if we let it be, is what I say.
Come on where is your fight? where is your will?
Most people who read this page have already formed their views, I want to rally YOU, the people who care about our Country.
If we give up at the first hurdle we deserve to fail, problems are what will make us strong, obstacles are what will teach us how to win.
Who is with me? do I have to fight alone, believe me I will if necessary and I will win.
I want a Great Britain for my Grandchildren, I want to keep our hard won independence, DO YOU?
Stop saying that UKIP cannot find its troops, and spread the message, stop being defeatist at the sight of obstacles.
A faint heart never won a fair Lady, and our land is the fairest land of ALL
We can win Hartlepool, then another, and several others, WE will be the voice in Westminster, But only if we believe!
From - Victoria of Stevenage vmhjt@hotmail.com
Unquote

That is certainly the spirit of much of the membership I would agree. Pity about the Party leadership seeking comfort and perks in Brussels and apparently nothing more.

My blog Teetering Tories has two relevant posts this morning, one linking to an article in The Scotsman highlighting the Tories Hartlepool mess. Read the blog from here.


posted by Martin |9:18 AM
Google
www Ukip Uncovered
This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.
Copyright © 2006 Martin Cole.
archives
contact us
my other blogs
nigel farage
landmark links
fired treasurer
glw incitement
booker/jamieson
glw & farage
a complaint
a neutered nec
graham booth
derek clark
mark croucher
michael harvey
roger knapman
mike nattrass
links
blogs
press
broadcasters
google
buy my book
technorati
Copyright © 2003/6 Martin Cole.