UKIP Uncovered
What motivates the leaders of the United Kingdom Independence Party?


Friday, July 23, 2004 

Martin Cole's offer to stand for UKIP in Hartlepool

The following e-mail was forwarded to Eric Wilson Branch Chairman of UKIP's Hartlepool Branch (copied to Denis Brookes UKIP Candidate Nominating Officer) this morning.

Quote
Dear Eric,

If the widespread media reports that Peter Mandelson MP will be nominated as Britain's EU Commissioner around 10 o'clock this morning prove true, then I would like to offer myself as your Prospective Parliamentary Candidate in the consequent by-election.

I know that you are aware of my dedication to the pro-democratic, anti-EU cause and that I have worked exclusively for the reform of UKIP as I see the party as the only realistic prospect of regaining Britain's independence and democracy. My speeches in the North East during the brief period I was a prospective MEP candidate for the North East Region stressed my belief that gaining Westminster seats would provide the sole route to achieve this end.

My visit from Switzerland to attend the opening of the UKIP Hartlepool Office in January 2003, and other local links you will perhaps recall my mentioning at the MEP Candidate Middlesborough hustings, will I hope both add to let let you and your local members consider my prospects favourably.

My blogs Ukip Uncovered, Ironies and Teetering Tories fully set out my political philosophy and deeply held belief in the urgent need for prompt political action together with the amount of selfless and unrewarded effort I am prepared to devote to that cause.

I did, of course, resign my party membership in the face of the trumped-up disciplinary charges laid against me. I would of course require re-instatement and would hope that those at the head of the party would grant such a request if coming from yourself, backed by your local members, hopefully others in the North East and indeed most thoughtful UKIP activists in the country at large.

Yours sincerely,
Martin Cole

posted by Martin |6:30 AM
Google
www Ukip Uncovered
This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.
Copyright © 2006 Martin Cole.
archives
contact us
my other blogs
nigel farage
landmark links
fired treasurer
glw incitement
booker/jamieson
glw & farage
a complaint
a neutered nec
graham booth
derek clark
mark croucher
michael harvey
roger knapman
mike nattrass
links
blogs
press
broadcasters
google
buy my book
technorati
Copyright © 2003/6 Martin Cole.