UKIP Uncovered
What motivates the leaders of the United Kingdom Independence Party?


Saturday, July 31, 2004 

Countering the 'dinner on the table' and 'behind the fridge' Bloomers in Hartlepool!

For whoever runs for UKIP in Hartlepool there is likely to be a problem with attracting the women's vote. Given the outrage Godfrey Bloom's remarks have justifiably caused it was perhaps foolhardy of me to offer myself for the candidacy. Perhaps the field should be left clear for those whose idea of debate is to suggest that those with whom they disagree be 'hung' (subsequently corrected to 'hanged') such as Peter Troy. If he is selected the party truly does deserve to be crushed and then destroyed!

Happily I have a strong belief in the equal rights of women instilled in me by my mother from an early age; she herself being from a family of early feminists. Indeed it was her Aunt Margery who was the first female Fellow at Nuffield College, Oxford and the first woman to give a Reith Lecture - a feat that remained unrepeated for a further thirty-three years.

I have rigourously lived by the belief that the sexes are equal and been determined that my daughters be given the best possible education available, just as I did for my sons.

Fighting all injustices, of which sex discrimination is a major example, has always been a family priority as may be read in the post below. I hope my blogs demonstrate that I try to continue that tradition.

posted by Martin |6:56 AM
Google
www Ukip Uncovered
This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.
Copyright © 2006 Martin Cole.
archives
contact us
my other blogs
nigel farage
landmark links
fired treasurer
glw incitement
booker/jamieson
glw & farage
a complaint
a neutered nec
graham booth
derek clark
mark croucher
michael harvey
roger knapman
mike nattrass
links
blogs
press
broadcasters
google
buy my book
technorati
Copyright © 2003/6 Martin Cole.