UKIP Uncovered
What motivates the leaders of the United Kingdom Independence Party?


Wednesday, February 18, 2004 

Expulsion of Troy, NEC Blind Eye to the BNP and an Independent Campaign!

I received the following e-mail in response to my posting of last Monday regarding party expulsions (scrolldown to Monday 16th February 'Andrew Edwards expelled from Party' Post to re-read).
Quote
You have posted on your site:
'Rather he was manipulated into becoming lead MEP candidate in Scotland, and was, curiously we hear, addressing a UKIP party gathering in Durham just last week!'

I was not manipulated. There is nothing curious about addressing a branch meeting in Durham that was a joint Durham and Sedgefield & Darlington Branch Branch since I am the Chairman of the latter named branch.
Perhaps you will post my comments.
Peter Troy


Curiously this was copied to Michael Harvey, now ex-Party General Secretary, at ukip.org.

We had been told a complaint had been lodged in Scotland over aspects of the Scottish MEP elections. As Michael Harvey was the Party Returning Officer for that selection procedure we presume this may be an indication his investigations are continuing. When we receive a copy of that report we will be happy to supply any retraction that might be appropriate.

Considering Mr Troy is not even a resident of Scotland, nor as far as we know has no connections with that country (he once told me that he was from Weymouth, just about as far away as you can get from the border) I believe the mere fact that he was accepted as a candidate indicates some manipulation on its own.

As to his speaking in Durham, that as Alice said gets 'curiouser and curiouser'. The party leader described the North East as moribund, the party structure has been deliberately destroyed by the cabal, a one-time senior party activist has described UKIP's campaign as non-existent, yet Scotland's lead candidate for the party chooses to spend his time with three months to go to polling day, speaking in the North East rather than addressing his own future electorate.

Peter Troy does not, of course, address himself to the point of the subject posting, namely that his party membership should be terminated immediately and permanently for his recruitment of well known BNP activist Trevor Agnew.

Derek Clark, who sent Mr Edward's termination letter because of the sending of e-mails to BNP members, is well aware of Troy's activities. I have two e-mails from him on this very subject dated 26th March 2003.

On 1st April 2003 I sent a long e-mail to UKIP's NEC, detailing in six pages Agnew's infiltration and known history, including the photograph (HTML) of Paul Thompson, Trevor Agnew and former BNP boss John Tyndall at a BNP rally, for which activity Agnew had previously been expelled from UKIP.

Included in that e-mail was this statement:-

*****
Troy in whose interests Agnew could only have been re-recruited is clearly now in breach of the UKIP candidate declaration which states:-

Quote nor have I ever been a member of or had any links with any such organisation or group, association with which the National Executive Committee [of UKIP] considers is likely to bring the party into disrepute.Unquote

As Michael Harvey said to me in the e-mail I previously quoted "The BNP falls into this category, so any person with any links with the BNP would most certainly not be welcome in UKIP"!!!!!!!!

Peter Troy therefore must be required to withdraw his candidature for consideration as European MEP for the Party, and resign his UKIP membership, as his links to BNP are clear.

*****

No action was taken to remove Troy, who remains a member to this very day and Lead Candidate in Scotland. I therefore became convinced that the party leadership knew of and approved these BNP connections. NEC members also offered little to no support, nor seemed prepared to take any action against those in charge; I therefore publicly announced that I would not continue my candidature without a complete change of UKIP's Party Leadership. Within days I was disqualified.

My long e-mail to the NEC on 1st April last, ended with the following :-

I believe Britain deserves a non-racist anti-EU political party and following recent events I am unconvinced this is currently available.

That remains my belief today. On applying to be an MEP candidate with UKIP, my first choice region was South West England as I was born and educated in the West Country. I now propose carrying out a careful evaluation of whether running as an Independent MEP SW candidate, working for the restoration of accountable democracy to our country will be a feasible proposition for the European elections on 10th June.

I plan to tour the entire South West European Constituency region during the second half of March to hear other peoples' ideas and opinions and thereby determine whether such a campaign would have any reasonable chance of success.

Any wishing to offer advice, arrange meetings or help, should e-mail me at the following : ukipuncovered@hotmail.com

posted by Martin |8:42 AM
Google
www Ukip Uncovered
This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.
Copyright © 2006 Martin Cole.
archives
contact us
my other blogs
nigel farage
landmark links
fired treasurer
glw incitement
booker/jamieson
glw & farage
a complaint
a neutered nec
graham booth
derek clark
mark croucher
michael harvey
roger knapman
mike nattrass
links
blogs
press
broadcasters
google
buy my book
technorati
Copyright © 2003/6 Martin Cole.