UKIP Uncovered
What motivates the leaders of the United Kingdom Independence Party?


Wednesday, December 17, 2003 

UKIP's NEC Seriously Wanting

Christina Speight editor of EU Facts Figures and Phantasies has charged UKIP's NEC of not protecting members' interests and allowing recent gross abuses to continue. In reaction to the latest news about the Birmingham office move she circulated this e-mail:

"All this shows that those members of the UKIP NEC who are NOT part of the cabal are not doing their job. With all these liabilities hanging over them and "if they have been warned" one has a right to expect that they would take ACTION to make sure the law was being obeyed.

Now I am sometimes told that as a non-member it is none of my business. But corruption and law-breaking in UKIP are just as much my business as such practices in the Conservative and Labour parties. They all want my vote!"


To which she received this rebuff:-

"Although I haven't consulted my fellow NEC members - another court injunction? - I imagine we will be more than happy to do without your vote, in which case what goes on in UKIP really is none of your business."

Her reply was as follows:-

"Of course it's my business. UKIP is a registered party and subject to the law just like all other registered parties. It is also as a corporate body subject to employment law, Health and safety regulations and employee insurance. UKIP has no right to think itself above the law and it will find in due course that it is not."

What is going on in UKIP is, of course, everybodies' business, because it devalues the whole of our nation's democratic processes, which UKIP make much of their aim to protect.

This chicanery has been going on for a very long time as evidence presented in this blog clearly proves. It has risen to another peak over the past few months as I was particularly reminded in researching material in response to a query as to why Chairman Lott might have added the word 'black' in the quotation used in our post The Loyalty of Lott earlier this week.

To illustrate just how severe the problem is within the NEC and how long matters have been allowed to drift along by the non-cabal NEC group, quoted below is the culmination of many e-mails I copied to the entire NEC regarding the election rigging eventually confirmed in the Party Treasurer's Report. This e-mail was sent on 3rd April 2003 just before the April 2003 NEC meeting:-

............As a point of clarification I recently informed the Chairman of the North East Regional Committee, Michael Rollings, who I assume is the correct person for me to look towards in these electoral matters, that with the present leadership of the United Kingdom Independence Party, I would be unable to continue with my candidature to stand as one of their European MEPs. (How could I possibly consider any other course in light of the action by Nigel Farage to suspend the two committees, the refusal by the Party Leader to investigate the matter and the present increasingly bizarre events in Darlington and obfuscation from London!).

I joined the party believing the published material that stated it was strictly non-racist. I ALSO BELIEVED THE DECLARATION I SIGNED REGARDING CONTACTS WITH RACIST ORGANISATIONS WOULD BE FAITHFULLY FOLLOWED BY OTHER CANDIDATES AND PARTY OFFICIALS. Following recent circumstances this is now clearly in question.

If the National Executive has a majority of decent and non-racist members then the necessary steps will be taken to allow me to proceed as a candidate in the elections. I await the result of the next National Committee meeting with interest!

I will respect your request to keep your e-mail to me Private and Confidential. I will nevertheless give this reply the widest possible circulation of which I am able.

Yours sincerely,
Martin Cole


Contrary to my expectations, the NEC disregarded the clear facts of blatant wrongdoing available to them in their April meeting and thereafter. They have ever since seemed to allow the ruling cabal to continue however they chose. Month after month the situation has deteriorated.

The NEC has therefore repeatedly proved that it is now part of UKIP's problem, and is incapable of bringing order to the party.

posted by Martin |8:57 AM
Google
www Ukip Uncovered
This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.
Copyright © 2006 Martin Cole.
archives
contact us
my other blogs
nigel farage
landmark links
fired treasurer
glw incitement
booker/jamieson
glw & farage
a complaint
a neutered nec
graham booth
derek clark
mark croucher
michael harvey
roger knapman
mike nattrass
links
blogs
press
broadcasters
google
buy my book
technorati
Copyright © 2003/6 Martin Cole.