UKIP Uncovered
What motivates the leaders of the United Kingdom Independence Party?


Sunday, August 24, 2003 

EDD Resignation follow-up

Further to our post of 22nd August regarding the resignation of Dr North from the Group EDD, the following extra detail is now being widely circulated with the blame laid squarely at the door of Nigel Farage, UKIP's increasingly controversial MEP:

"As to my resignation, it was a question of jumping before I was pushed. The ever-gallant Nigel Farage MEP went to Brussels on Thursday to demand of my boss, Jens-Peter Bonde, that I was sacked forthwith.

I learned the next day when JPB's secretary-general rung up to say that she had been instructed to "fire" me. I chose to resign rather than be sacked, although I had in any even been planning to resign on 1 September, so all it did was bring it forward a couple of weeks.

However, it is instructive that Farage did not even have the balls - or the courtesy - even to ring me up and tell me personally that he was having me fired. He left it for a functionary to tell me."


Further information regarding this controversial MEP has appeared in other fora, and we are seeking the Author's permission to reproduce it here.

posted by Martin |10:09 AM
Google
www Ukip Uncovered
This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.
Copyright © 2006 Martin Cole.
archives
contact us
my other blogs
nigel farage
landmark links
fired treasurer
glw incitement
booker/jamieson
glw & farage
a complaint
a neutered nec
graham booth
derek clark
mark croucher
michael harvey
roger knapman
mike nattrass
links
blogs
press
broadcasters
google
buy my book
technorati
Copyright © 2003/6 Martin Cole.