UKIP Uncovered
What motivates the leaders of the United Kingdom Independence Party?


Wednesday, April 30, 2003 

Resignation Letter of NE Regional MEP Candidate

One of the original MEP candidates for the North East Region resigned from his candidature and also from the Party by letter to the Party Leader, Roger Knapman, on 25th April 2003.

Following the earlier disqualification of another NE Candidate arbitrarily decided by Chairman Lott and the ex-sweetshop and tobacconist proprietor and later sub-postmaster now acting as UKIP General Secretary and Returning Officer for the MEP candidate selection process, Michael Harvey (M. Harvey Election Biographical Details ), the North East Region has now been reduced to only two feasible candidates from those who appeared at one or more of the hustings, yet one more is reported to now be considering his position. This of course excludes the controversial candidature of the individual central to all these problems who few could now seriously consider as being remotely electable. The party probably needs four candidates in the North East, for a full party list. Herewith the resignation letter which requires no embellishment:-

Quote
Sir,
I have been in many organisations through my life and been in many peculiar situations, but none as I now find myself.
The infighting in the party has really got out of hand; to such an extent that it would seem that the party chiefs do not have the backbone to sort this.
It would appear that certain members of the party in the north East are hell bent on being the candidate for Europe, and after the farce that was supposed to be the inaugural meeting of the Durham branch, I can see why. I will not beat about the bush for it is not in my nature and I believe that you should be aware of the facts from someone who is neutral in the conflict.
The trouble seems to be centred around Peter Troy and his cohorts. I have already written about this, and indeed for some reason have only had one official reply which did not even answer my questions, and one phone call from one supposed senior official asking me to pour oil on troubled waters. Mr. Troy has and is repeatedly using the members of the F.S.B. for his own ends i.e. the Hartlepool office for which you pay was an accountants office, A Member of the FSB. The man that owns it is still there! There are many such annonomilys, which it would seem, require investigation, It would seem to me that for some reason your party leaders are afraid of him, and we that were the NE are not worthy of your attention except when it suits, but as usual in your organisation as in others you don’t have the bottle to sort it, but alter your rules to suit yourselves
It really is a shame that the N.E. region and the party workers here will no longer be a part of what would and should have been the best thing to happen to politics in the NE in a hundred years because the people in high places don’t listen to the workers! (G. Orwell Animal Farm)
I have resigned from the F.S.B because of Troy’s workings, and have therefore decided that I cannot have my name associated with people of this ilk.
For the above reasons I tender my resignation from party.
Unquote

posted by Martin |11:45 AM
Google
www Ukip Uncovered
This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.
Copyright © 2006 Martin Cole.
archives
contact us
my other blogs
nigel farage
landmark links
fired treasurer
glw incitement
booker/jamieson
glw & farage
a complaint
a neutered nec
graham booth
derek clark
mark croucher
michael harvey
roger knapman
mike nattrass
links
blogs
press
broadcasters
google
buy my book
technorati
Copyright © 2003/6 Martin Cole.